Save these Instant Pot dump dinner recipes for those nights when you just don’t have the energy for a lot of steps or ingredients. If you need a simple, family-friendly meal that practically makes itself, then you need to try these dump recipes. These are truly the easiest, no-fuss, Instant Pot dump dinners you can find.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a small fee. This helps support this site at no cost to you. Thanks!)
So, what exactly is a dump recipe?
Dump your ingredients in your Instant Pot -> Push start -> and go on about your business.
According to me, they are the easiest recipes to make, and are exactly what I look for on nights when I would rather do anything other than cook.
And there are actually lots of dump recipes for the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Dump Dinners for Easy Nights
First, let me tell you:
I am so relieved and excited to have found these dump recipes for the Instant Pot.
As much as I enjoy using my Instant Pot, sometimes the recipes are just too complicated for a busy weeknight. Meal planning is not in my wheelhouse. But, at the end of a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time an energy cooking in the kitchen. And even though I don’t like cooking…the kids still need to eat. Every. Single. Night.
If so, you are going to flip for these recipes.
I must have been living under a rock, because I had never even heard the term “Dump recipe” before this week. The whole idea of a dump and go dinner is a total game changer for me, and something that I’ve needed for a long time!
You’ll be able to choose from recipes that I consider “true” dump recipes and some that have very minimal prep before you get to the dumping part. “Dump recipes” is truly an unfortunate name for such a wonderful gift, lol!
Scroll through to the bottom to see all 25 recipes.
Before we get started, you may also want to see some of our other Instant Pot recipes:
True Dump-and-Go Recipes
The recipes in this section are true dump recipes. As in, you put the ingredients in the Instant Pot, close the lid, push the start button, and wait for your dinner to finish.
1. Instant Pot Garlic Sesame Chicken: Garlic sesame chicken is a traditional Asian recipe that is full of delicious, sticky, flavor. Recipe at Sweet and Savory Meals.
2. Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs: A few convenience foods, like frozen meatballs and condensed soup, make this a really easy dump and go recipe for your Instant Pot. Add some peas and you’ve got a full dinner! See recipe at The Eyes of a Boy.
3. Instant Pot Salsa Chicken: Mix this easy cooked chicken with fresh taco ingredients for a delicious, easy dinner! Recipe from Skinny Taste.
4. Creamy Italian Chicken with Penne: Recipe from Pressures On
5. Dump and Start Instant Pot Alfredo: Recipe from Cooking with Karli
6. Mississippi Pot Roast: Recipe from Recipes that Rock.
7. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese: Recipe from This Old Gal
8. Instant Pot Ham Hock Bean Soup: Recipe from Simply Happy Foodie
9. Honey Balsamic Chicken Instant Pot Recipe: See recipe at The Creative Bite.
10. Instant Pot Orange Ginger Chicken: Recipe at Our Best Bites.
11. Easy Instant Pot Beef Gyros: See recipe at 365 Days of Crockpot. –
12. Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup: Recipe from The Kitchen Magpie.
13. Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork: Recipe from Adventures of a Nurse.
14. Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage: Go to What’s in the Pan for recipe.
Saute First – Then Dump and Push Start
The recipes in this section require using the saute function on your Instant pot before dumping everything in and pushing start.
What does that mean?
Well, it means you may have to brown the meat first, or saute the onions and veggies.
Don’t let this scare you off from these recipes. I used the saute function for the first time on my Instant Pot last night after avoiding it for months.
And, let me tell you:
It’s super easy! Trust me. I’m a lazy cooker, and if it was too much “work” then I would NOT have included these recipes on this list.
Other than the saute, these are totally dump-and-go Instant Pot recipes that you must try for your family.
Scroll through to see all of the recipes in this list.
15. Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole: Recipe from Adventures of a Nurse.
16. Instant Pot Pizza Pasta: See recipe at Family Fresh Meals.
17. Instant Pot Taco Pasta: Find recipe at Foody Schmoody Blog.
18. Hamburger Stroganoff Instant Pot Recipe: Go to Julie’s Eats and Treats for recipe.
19. Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe: Recipe from Food Lovin Family.
20. All in One Instant Pot Chicken and Brown Rice: Visit Super Healthy Kids for recipe.
21. Pressure Cooker Barbacoa: Recipe from Gluten Free Pressure Cooker.
22. Veggie-Packed Instant Pot Spaghetti: Find recipe at Slow Cooker Gourmet.
23. Instant Pot Picadillo: See Skinny Taste for Recipe.
24. Instant Pot Chicken Black Bean and Rice Burrito Bowls: Go to Cook Fast Eat Well for recipe.
25. Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup: Recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet.
Tips for Keeping Dinner Simple
I hope these recipes give you some new go-to weeknight dinner ideas.
Here are a few simple tips to keep dinnertime easy.
- You can use frozen meat in your Instant Pot. So, no worries if you forgot to thaw something out ahead of time! Check the individual recipes for time adjustments for frozen meat versus thawed.
- Grabbing pre-chopped veggies from the produce section is a great time-saver for busy nights. And, you can freeze them in freezer storage bags to pull out and use whenever you need them.
- Keep leftovers in individual servings in the freezer to use in a pinch.
Before you go, check out our other posts for great Instant Pot ideas:
Like this post? Share it with a friend! Pin the image below to share on Pinterest: