Celebrate St. Patrick’s day with these fun and simple St. Patrick’s day kids crafts and activities. In this post you’ll find: leprechaun crafts, rainbow crafts, printable St. Patrick’s Day activities, and leprechaun trap ideas.
St. Patrick’s Day Kids Crafts
Have some creative fun with the kids this St. Patrick’s Day and join them for some St. Patrick’s day crafting! This collection of ideas includes craft and activity ideas for preschoolers on up. (Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an an item I have linked to and buy something, you pay the same price, but I may receive a small commission. Thanks!)
1. Windsock Craft
Create a festive St. Patrick’s Day windsock to decorate your entryway (From Small and Friendly)
2. Clover Leaf Necklace
Use clover cut-outs and straw beads for kids to make their own clover necklace. (From Simple as That Blog)
3. Printable Leprechaun Craft for Kids
Kids can have fun making the Leprechaun’s beard with this printable from TwentyFive Things
4. Paper Plate Rainbow and Clover Leaf Mobile
5. Leprechaun Stick Puppet
Here’s a cute and simple leprechaun puppet craft for kids from I Heart Crafty Things.
6. Toilet Paper Tube Shamrock Craft
Create this shimmery shamrock using toilet paper rolls and use it for your St. Patrick’s Day decorating! From Molly Moo Crafts.
7. Glue Gun Stenciled St Patrick’s Day Shirt
8. Shamrock Slime
This bright green slime is fun for kids to make and can also be used as gifts to friends. See Happiness is Homemade for details on making this at home.
St. Patrick’s Day Printable Kids Activities
9. Printable Photo Booth Props
Have fun with these St. Patrick’s Day photo booth props that are easy to download and print from PaperLoving.
10. printable bingo game
If you’ve got a small group of kids, they can all have fun playing this St. Patrick’s Day bingo game with free printable bingo cards from Crazy Little Projects.
11. Roll A Rainbow Game
Here’s a fun and simple rainbow game for kids this St. Patrick’s Day with free printable from Over the Big Moon
12. St. Patrick’s Day Treasure Hunt
Send the kids on a treasure hunt with these free printable scavenger hunt clues and game printables from The Dating Divas.
13. Printable St. Patrick’s Day Activity Pack
Keep the kids busy with an entire printable St. Patrick’s Day activity pack from Embark on the Journey.
14. Printable St. Patrick’s Day Joke Teller
My kids always love making these “cootie catchers” or joke tellers. Check out Bren Did for the print out of this St. Patrick’s Day themed joke teller.
15. Printable Leprechaun Puppet Craft
I love these paper leprechaun puppets from Snuggle Bug University. Kids can spend some time coloring and cutting out their own pieces, then use brads to assemble the puppets.
16. Green St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Send the kids on a hunt for everything green! It’s an easy St. Patrick’s Day activity for kids, especially with this free printable Green Scavenger Hunt card from Happy Home Fairy.
Leprechaun Trap Ideas to Make with Kids
Leprechaun traps are new to me, but I’m so glad I saw these amazing leprechaun trap ideas this year. This is one of those wonderfully creative, open-ended activities that kids love so much. Give them some basic supplies and a box of recyclables and just sit back and watch what they come up with. They’ll have a blast coming up with different ways to trick the leprechauns into being caught.
Get inspiration from these creative leprechaun traps made by kids:
- There’s more than one way to trap a leprechaun (from Planning Play Time)
- Use legos and a sneaky slide (From Work it Mommy)
- Tempt them with free gold (from The Suburban Soapbox)
- Lure them with Lucky Charms (See this leprechaun trap and lots of other fun St. Patrick’s day ideas (from The Fickle Pickle)
- A whole pot of gold will grab their attention (from The Crafting Chicks)
- What could be more tempting than Free Slides? (From Grey House Harbor)
Here’s a basic list of supplies to get your started (links are Amazon affiliate links):
- Rainbow chenille stems
- Empty oatmeal container
- Empty shoe boxes
- Colorful craft sticks
- Construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Chocolates wrapped in gold foil
- Empty tissue boxes
- Card board tubes from paper towels or toilet paper
- Mini plastic cauldrons for pots of gold
Please Pin the image below to share this post and save it for later!